On April 19 Festival Foods was honored to receive the “Minnesota Grown Retailer of the Year” award! Pictured is Minnesota Grown spokesperson Carrie Tollefson, Rod Borden Director of Produce and Jason Herfel Vice President of Fresh Foods at Festival Foods. As a small local business we understand perhaps better than the chain stores that our local farmers are an important part of their communities just as our stores and associates play an important role each community they are located.
While Whole Foods & other chains define local as “only products that have traveled less than a day (7 or fewer hours by car or truck)” our definition at Festival Foods is a lot closer to home. Here are some of the wonderful families and farms that have provided our local produce for many years.
- Axdahl’s Garden Farm-Brian and Leslie, Stillwater MN
- Pahl Farm- Gary and Brian Pahl, Apple Valley MN
- Martin’s Greenhouse-Tom & Laura Martin, Grasston MN
- Svihel Vegetable Farms- John and Julie Svihel , Foley MN
- Costa Farms- Ron & Karin Costa, White Bear Lake MN
- Riverside Farms- Joe Nathe, Elk River MN
- Nagel Produce – Mel Nagel, Apple Valley MN
- Vine Valley – John Tanata, Stewartville MN
- Zywiec Farms – Joe Zywiec , Cottage Grove MN
- Pepin Heights Apple Orchards – Dennis Courtier, Lake City MN
- Pine Tree Apples Orchards- Bill and John Jacobson –White Bear Lake MN
- Ed Field & Sons – Ed Fields, Andover MN
- Anderson Truck Farms – Judy Anderson ,Mankato MN
We have a new recipe that will become a regular at our house “Buffalo Chicken Burgers” made with ground chicken. So good we just had to put it on the menu this week, give the recipe a try and let us know what you think. We also included our Griller (sandwich) on the menu this week. The Griller is available Friday – Sunday in our Delis and all you have to do is throw it on the grill for a short time.
Please check out our weekly menu complete with shopping lists for each day.